A few ideas for books and movies to spark discussion
- The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil
- The Future of Food
- Food, Inc.
- Flow – For the Love of Water
- Energy Crossroads: A Burning Need to Change Course
- The End of Suburbia: Oil Depletion and the Collapse of the American Dream
- Who Killed the Electric Car?
- A Crude Awakening
- The Story of Stuff: a 20-minute online animation on where stuff comes from and where it goes
- Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic on our consumption patterns
- No Impact Man
- The Garden
- See also – the top 10 environmental movies of 2009
- Michael Pollan: Omnivore’s Dilemma, Food Rules, In Defense of Food
- The Small-Mart Revolution by Michael Shuman
- Green Collar Jobs by Raquel Rivera-Pinderhughes
- The Hometown Advantage by the Institute for Local Self-Reliance. Online resource with articles, books, reports, and policy ideas for reviving locally owned businesses.
- Community Jobs in the Green Economy by Urban Habitat